DHCFA is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of individuals in our facilities by promoting high standards of care. DHCFA supports its members in delivering accessible, efficient, quality long-term care and a continuum of related services to those they serve.
It is the vision and purpose of the DHCFA to promote an environment of trust and understanding and to provide members a quality professional organization that incorporates educational opportunities, support systems, expertise, and advocacy standards while creating a unified leadership in the long-term care community. DHCFA and the long-term care community will work collaboratively to deliver quality care to our residents with compassion, integrity, and excellence.
The objectives of the association shall be to:
- Continually refine and develop member services that meet the needs of both state and national association members.
- Build consumer alliances and regulatory partnerships.
- Advocate for appropriate funding for resident well-being and quality of life.
- Advocate for a fair enforcement and litigation environment in which providers can meet the needs of their residents.
- Provide education about the long term care profession.
- Develop and participate in efforts to improve and measure the quality of long term healthcare services.
DHCFA Code of Ethics
To protect and defend the rights and dignity of those we serve to the full extent of the law.
To seek to improve the care and condition of those we serve by increased public awareness and knowledge of the requirements for care and the special needs of long-term care residents.
To maintain a high standard of personal and professional conduct.
To establish and monitor high standards of delivery of care by personnel of our facilities, and to seek out and employ direct care personnel with high ethical standards.
To support and participate in educational programs for professional and vocational development of all personnel in the delivery of the care process.
To conduct our business honestly and fairly and be ethical in all business practices.